Date: May 23, 2020 - CANCELED!
Time: 1:00PM – 3:00PM
Mutton Bustin', Sponsored by the Buffalo Chip, is one of the rodeo’s most popular events and offers youngsters between the ages of 4 and 7 and weight (under 75 lbs) a chance to begin their own rip-roaring rodeo careers. The helmeted cowpokes have an opportunity to ride a “wooley bulley” inside the rodeo arena. Here's how it works: With a sheep readied in the “chute”, a child is set on its back - arms wrapped tightly around the neck. When the chute gate opens out comes the sheep and rider. The small cowboy/cowgirl will hold on and ride the sheep for as long as they can! Whether it's a one second or ten second ride, these youngsters are in for a wild, exciting and memorable time. What fun!
- Pre-Register and Pay Online Fee: $10.00 due in advance or
- Pre-Register by downloading and completing the form below. Submit the form and payment to: Cave Creek Rodeo Days, Attn: Mutton Bustin', PO Box 7343, Cave Creek, AZ 85327
- Registration Entry Fee at the Event: $13.00
- Check-in Time – 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM
- Check-in site is at the Buffalo Chip just inside the court yard gates.
- The number of contestants is limited to 70 entries.
- Ages: 4 – 7 and a weight of 75 lbs. and under,
- Children are allowed to hold to the sheep with their hands only. NO other devices may be used, i.e. ropes or spurs.
- Contestants must wear helmet and number provided.
- Waiver must be signed for each child to ride.
PRE-REGISTER AND SUBMIT PAYMENT!
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic this event is Canceled! See Refund Information on our Home page.